Wednesday, February 25, 2015

30 Day Challenge- Day 3

Day 3 of my 30 Day Challenge was to photograph something I'm thankful for. Well the best thing I could think of this evening is how thankful I am for my husband. There are so many reasons why and I will list a few.

This guy is so patient and gentle. I'm what some people might label as "crazy" or a little "nutty" or just plain "insane" sometimes. Yet, he looks at me and smiles and takes no offense to my random tangents or fits.

For example, I was having a rough time this morning. I was tired, my head hurt, I didn't want to go to work, and I didn't feel like any of my clothes were fitting right. I finally got myself ready and as I was looking in the mirror for one last check before I walked out the door I noticed I had dripped tooth paste on my shirt when I brushed my teeth. I was already cranky and irritable so I threw myself a little fit and let out a really loud angry grunt/squeal (one that a 3 year old would let out when she gets angry). Richard didn't think anything of it. Instead of getting upset and telling me how immature I was being, he laughed at me and acknowledged that I was having a hard time.

There's also times when I'm cranky (that seems to happen a lot) and I raise my voice at him or I'm just not nice, and he never retaliates. He is always so patient with me and treats me with respect and dignity.

He constantly reminds me why I'm living and to always do the right thing.

He has such a huge heart and loves others the way Christ loves the church.

The list could go on and on and on, so I won't bore you with the million and a half things I love about my husband. But I do want you to know how thankful I am for him. I'm thankful that he loves me and treats me with respect. I'm thankful that he can make me laugh and knows how to respond when I'm having a hard time. I'm thankful God blessed me with a man who encourages me and empowers me to be the woman God has called me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment