Monday, February 23, 2015

30 Day Challenge- Day 1

Good Evening!


Today is the first day of the 30 day challenge! I have a list of 30 different types of photos that I will be taking over the next 30 days and sharing with you! Please join me on this exciting month long adventure. I will be learning about myself and you will be learning a little about me as well, and it will help boost my creativity!

So here we go...

Day 1: Something from the Bible

OHH the bible! I love it! It is the word of God and my map through life. The most powerful and truthful book you will ever find....ever...

Micah 6:8 says, "You have shown me, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your  God."

The first time I heard this verse was through Rapha House. Rapha House is a ministry that provides a safe house for young girls who have been rescued from Human Trafficking and Sexual Slavery. When I read this scripture in reference to this ministry, I get chills.

This piece of scripture has been more than just a Bible verse to me. Its more than just a few words of encouragement jotted down on a piece of paper. It is truth and God-breathed and it tells us exactly what we need to know. It tells me how I need to act, how I need to love, and how I need to walk. It is the very foundation of what being a follower of Jesus is all about!

If I'm not acting justly to those around me and I'm only living for my own gain, then who will want to have anything to do with the Jesus who saved me? If I'm not merciful to those I encounter and I constantly criticize and condemn, what does that say about my God? If I don't walk with a humble spirit, forgiving others and putting them before me, what vision of God does that give off to those around me? This verse is more than just a sentence in a book. It's a little piece of my walk with Christ and a constant reminder that there is more to this life than myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment